Text Us A Tip
Text “TIP262 plus your message” to CRIMES (274637)
Anonymous Tips via Text Message.
Along with our 1-800-222 (TIPS) line, tipsters can report information about any non-urgent illegal activity, via our secure WebTips application (Anderson Software) and now we accept anonymous tips via Text Messaging. (For Emergencies call 911.)
As always, text messaging tipsters to remain anonymous. We encrypt the text messages and route them through several secure servers, protecting the personal details of the tipster.
To Send Crime Stoppers a Text Message (SMS):
- Text “TIP262” plus your message to CRIMES (274637)
- Upon reception of a tipster’s first incoming message, the system will auto-reply with a confirmation containing their unique Tip ID #.
- That auto-reply message would read: “Msg rcvd. Your alias is ####. Call 911 if emergency! Reply anytime. Delete your tip for safety. (Txt “STOP” to end replies, “HELP” for info, and standard message charges apply).
- To submit follow-up information, simply reply. Nothing else is needed.
- All follow-up information on tips and even your replies are written under the original parent record and shown threaded and date/time stamped in the narrative.
- This secure application allows the tipster and Crime Stoppers to have two-way dialog while always keeping the user’s identity completely anonymous.
- An opt-out can be requested at any time by sending the keyword “STOP” to CRIMES.
- You can text “HELP” to CRIMES to get instructions on how to use SMS Crime Tips on your cell phone.
- Watch the Text Tipping Demo to see how easy it really is.